Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sunburns and Sunsets

My back is turning brown, purple and mauve, the skin is pealing. I got a sunburn last weekend on my first and maybe only expedition to the beach to sunbathe with friends this summer and it's turned out worse than I had thought. I hope it doesn't leave a blotchy tan as wearing low backed dresses seems to have become a part of my job description with all the dance I've been doing. I just finished rubbing aloe vera into it looking over my shoulder in the bathroom mirror. It's disgustingly fun to peel or roll off the strips of loose and molting skin and the burn is almost pretty, it glows on my skin like a deep sunset, marks my back like a birthmark or battle wound.
Maybe I'm turning into a masochist- I enjoyed the sensations of the burn when it was most tender, the added sensitivity to hot and cold, the raw burn when scratched, the itch of it under the irritation of my bra strap or the hand of a dance partner.
Sunday said sorry when I told him I was burned and I said, no, I was finding it an interesting experience this time around. He asked me to describe and I did and he wrote "... interesting." And then he said he had to go and I wondered if he wasn't just trying to stop the conversation from going some where inappropriately sexual again like it does so easily these days because I seem to have a tendency to say provocative things to him and both of us seem to get turned on very easily. But it's mostly been me lately, I've promised to behave but sometimes I find sex in even the most mundane moments and there’s nothing else in me to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment