Thursday, July 30, 2009

Simpler Things

I have been wanting, more and more lately, to curl up into a tight little ball and dream the world away. Perhaps it is because I'm on the brink of my period, my lower back is aching its first tell-tale aches of the month. Perhaps it's a new symptom I'm developing in the ever changing kaleidescope of sensitivities and pains that come a little differently each month. I'm reminded of The Red Tent by Anita Diamant- I often wish I could take time out while menstruating to honor what my body seems to want and just sit in a sacred tent bleeding into fresh straw and giggling with the other ladies or somesuch rather than dragging myself through the insanity of everyday life. When did the world become such a busy place and why do I find myself so easily wearied by it? Sometimes I think that, perhaps, I belong somewhere slower and simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment